TechCrunch has already covered this and you can read the full story here: http://techcrunch.com/2014/05/28/retargetting-startup-cognitive-match-acquired-by-magnetic/ .
There is also a video/interview with Alex Kelleher of (former) Cognitive Match and James Green of Magnetic on the details of the acquisition and you can watch it here : http://www.adotas.com/2014/05/watch-magnetic-acquires-cognitive-match/.
And of course, we captured the details ourselves on our website: http://www.magnetic.com/magnetic-culture/magnetic-acquires-cognitive-match/ .
There’s a lot of work ahead of us for integrating the 2 (great, dare I say) platforms so stay tuned for details!
Update May/29/2014: This seems to have got quite a lot of media traction (who would have known that we are SO famous 😉 ) — so here’s more coverage about the acquisition below:
- MediaPost: http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/226818/magnetic-acquires-retargeting-startup-cognitive-ma.html
- Pulse 2.0: http://pulse2.com/2014/05/29/magnetic-acquires-cognitive-match-109514/
- AdExchanger: http://www.adexchanger.com/ad-exchange-news/thursday-05292014/#more-92715
- Dow Jones VentureWire: http://pevc.dowjones.com/article?an=DJFVW00020140528ea5smoryq&from=alert&pid=32&ReturnUrl=http://pevc.dowjones.com/article?an=DJFVW00020140528ea5smoryq&from=alert&pid=32
- Cynopsis: http://www.cynopsis.com/052914-morgan-spurlock-microsofts-paul-g-allen-produce-u-s-web-series-netflix-names-charlie-cox-upcoming-daredevil-series-star-nike-tops-unrulys-shared-world-cup-ads/
- We even get a mention in AgencySpy: http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/wednesday-odds-and-ends-246_b66195
I’ll update with more links as I find them.